Are your operations impacted by power outages?
Monterey Bay Community Power (MBCP) allocated $25 million to create the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Fund to accelerate the adoption of reliable backup power for eligible public and private customers operating critical facilities.
Responding to community needs
MBCP wants to help its customers maintain critical operations during prolonged power outages, such as those caused by PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) events or other natural disasters.
The UPS Fund provides electricity resilience project financing for public and private customers operating critical facilities
UPS Fund Eligibility
1) A critical facility located within MBCP’s service area
2) Controlled by an MBCP customer in good standing
Projects must demonstrate:
1) Technical feasibility to provide energy/electricity resilience
2) Cost recovery should be completed within +/- 10 years.
* Public sector customers are not required to have a project identified. Public sector customers may apply any time and MBCP will facilitate project development.